Wednesday, June 12, 2013

MCC Guest Blogger Gil Effron: Pick up the phone

BY GIL EFFRON

I spent an afternoon last week catching up on paperwork. But as focused as I was, I continually glanced at my phone waiting for it to ring with important information from a vendor.

Finally, about 4:30, I came up for air and did what we all do when transitioning from one activity to the next: I checked email!

Great! An email from the vendor. I sighed a huge sigh of relief until I opened the email only to discover that the answer I was waiting for was incomplete. It did little more than open the door to more unanswered questions.

Call me an old fashioned guy when it comes to communication. But while emails are a great thing and I send and receive more than my share, somehow I don't think they can or will ever replace the efficiency of actually speaking directly with someone.

So I picked up the phone to call my vendor only to discover that his day had ended. I left a detailed message in which I asked two additional questions. Then I encouraged the vendor to call me as soon as he could. My hope was that that would be early next morning. Continue reading...




Best regards,

Gil Effron

Gil@GilEffron.com

GilEffron@TheGrowthTeam.org

No comments:

Post a Comment