Monday, March 24, 2014

MCC Guest Blogger Gil Effron: How do you deal with the things you don't like to do?

Each of us has things we do well and like to do. Call this our comfort zone. Each of us also has things we don't do well and don't like to do. Call this our un-comfort zone.

Personally, I've found the best way for me to deal with the activities in my un-comfort zone -- the ones I don't like to do but the ones I know are vital to my overall success -- is through discipline and planning.

I simply schedule the things I don't like and add them to my daily calendar, usually in one-hour chunks. When the calendar alarm chimes, I stop what I'm doing and focus on dealing with the un-comfort zone things.

This technique seems to work. The stuff I don't like to do is easier to deal with because I'm taking it in smaller chunks of time.

Continue reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment