Small Business Saturday, which falls between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, is back on 2nd Avenue in the subway construction zone!
“We know that small businesses are the building blocks that create the identity of a neighborhood and this is a day to support the local heroes that create jobs, boost the economy and preserve neighborhoods around the country. American Express created Small Business Saturday in 2010 in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: more demand for their products and services,” states MCC President Ploeger. “We continue to promote the merchants and restaurants along the 2nd Ave. corridor and Small Business Saturday is another great way to bring new and returning customers to these stores.”
Businesses, such as The Comic Strip Live, Marianne Vera Salon, Next Cleaners, Eneslow Shoes & Pedorthics, New York Paint & Hardware and Leonards’ Market, are participating so far and many more are expected to sign up this week! Starting Monday November 25th, MCC is handing out Small Business Saturday tote bags, balloons, bumper magnets and welcome mats to merchants and promoting the day to MCC members and subscribers as well as upper east siders through social media outreach, through emails and on the MCC website.
We hope consumers will join the forces of over 100 million Small Business Saturday shoppers this November 30th!
Make sure to Shop Local on 2nd Avenue or in your own neighborhood and be a part of Small Business Saturday!
The time is NOW to start broadcasting the message from the rooftops (or through your website, social media and communications streams.) I have included suggested messaging below to make it easy for you to spread the word.
Sample Facebook Posts:
- Nov 30 is Small Business Saturday®! Mark your calendar to #ShopSmall on the big day and support your favorite small businesses. You can also head to ShopSmall.com for more ways to get involved.
- Help your business stand out on Small Business Saturday®. Head to ShopSmall.com to create free marketing materials to help you promote your business and get noticed on Nov 30.
- Nov 30 is Small Business Saturday®! Whether you’re a shopper or a small business owner, be sure to mark your calendar for the big day and head to ShopSmall.com for more ways to get involved.
- Small Business Saturday is Nov 30! It’s the big day to #ShopSmall and support your local businesses. http://amex.co/GzHJn3
- Help attract customers on Small Business Saturday, Nov 30. Get marketing materials for your business: http://amex.co/GzHJn3#ShopSmall
- Everyone mark their calendars for Small Business Saturday, Nov 30! The big day is almost here! #ShopSmall http://amex.co/GzHJn3